Don’t see a Rare Disease Day event near you? Hosting an event? Please visit www.rarediseaseday.us to learn what other events are happening around the country or to submit your events
- This event has passed.
2024 Cleveland, Ohio Rare Disease Day Event
February 29 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday, February 29, 2024 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
MetroHealth Medical Center (Main Campus), 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109
The event will be held in Rammelkamp Atrium and The Alfred F. Connors, Jr., MD Learning Center- R170.
Pre-event registration is now closed. We welcome you to register onsite on event day. Registration will run from 8:00 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. on Thursday, February 29.
There is no cost to attend this event.
Please join members of the rare disease community at this important event to discuss the challenges people living with rare diseases and disorders face, and learn how you can make a difference in the lives of those impacted here in our great state of Ohio.
Along with NORD, this year’s event is also hosted and sponsored by The MetroHealth System. The event hosted by volunteers working with the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and its Rare Action Network in honor of Rare Disease Day.
The event will include a series of presentations addressing the challenges surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of rare diseases and the lack of approved treatment options. The program will also feature stories from the patient perspective, highlight advocacy and legislative efforts, and provide opportunities for networking and the sharing of best practices.
- Non-MetroHealth Employees: Please park in the P4 Visitor Parking Garage. This garage is accessible via MetroHealth Drive. Please bring your parking ticket with you for validation.
- MetroHealth Employees: Please park in one of the employee garages.
- Building Entry: Door 56
- Registration/Check-In: Upon entry, please register at the check-in table. You will be provided with a name badge and parking validation sticker.
- Event Schedule:
- Onsite registration runs from 8:00-8:45 a.m.
- Following registration, please join us for breakfast and resource tables from 8:00 a.m. until 8:50 a.m.
- Presentations run from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Following presentations, please join us for lunch, networking and resource tables from 12:00-1:00 p.m.