Hosting an awareness event or activity is a crucial step in the process to initiate change. Bringing awareness on the key issues and challenges faced in the rare disease community helps bring attention to the cause, connect advocates and work together as a network to effectively advocate for legislation. Eventually resulting in making rare diseases a common household discussion across the US and result in better policies, funding and research for rare diseases.
Host an Awareness Event
- Create a presentation using rare disease facts
- Contact local community or school organizations to present to:
- Your company, Rotary clubs, Lion Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Moose Lodges, VFW’s, Elks Lodges, Knights of Columbus, School clubs, Hospital groups, etc
Hosting a tabling event is easy and fun! They can be held at many locations and various local events, such as:
Fairs, festivals, health expos, local hospital, sporting events, health clubs, town/city halls, Chamber of Commerce events, business clubs, health clubs, schools, etc
- Create a table display with photos and stories of local rare disease patients and families
- Download and print
Host an activity or event while raising funds for rare diseases
- Pancake breakfasts, block parties, game nights, potlucks, dinner parties, movie nights, Walk/ Fun Run, celebrity bartender, comedy night, dress down day, girls night out, golf outing, bake sale, restaurant proceed night, or create your own event!
- Learn the key elements to hosting a successful event