Would you like to volunteer to assist in hosting a local community awareness event? Do you have an opportunity for Kentucky’s Rare Action Network to attend your event? Contact your State Ambassador today and learn more. Please check back regularly for news of upcoming events and activities in Kentucky.
What's Happening Now?
- Act as an advisory body to the legislature and relevant state and private agencies that provide services to individuals with rare diseases
- Coordinate with other community-based organizations and private sector institutions
- Research and determine the most appropriate methods to collect and complete information on rare diseases in the state
- Identify best practices from other states and the national level
- Develop effective strategies to raise public awareness of rare diseases
- Develop a list of publicly accessible resources on research, diagnosis, treatment, and education relating to rare diseases
- Report biannually on the councils activities, findings, and recommendations
In order to make meaningful change in the lives of rare disease patients and their families in the state of Kentucky, we need you! Become active with the Rare Action Network by joining and utilizing the resources available on this website to take action and create change.
State Report Card
In this fourth edition of NORD’s State Policy Report Card we are seeking to expand our analysis to more issues that affect the rare disease community while also providing a more targeted analysis of policies analyzed in previous editions of the report.
Scoring for State Policies
A: State policy meets all desired standards. An A grade is considered the model policy that other states should seek to enact.
B: State policy meets most, but not all desired standards
C: State policy on the given issue meets minimum standards
D: State has some policy in place, but it does not meet the standards of higher tiers
F: State has no policy provision for the relevant issue
Nancy G. Atkins, Commissioner
Kentucky Department of Insurance
PO Box 517
Frankfort, Kentucky 40602-0517
State Health Insurance Consumer Assistance Program
Brian K. Staples, Health Insurance Advocate/Ombudsman
P.O. Box 517
Frankfort, KY 40602